The Dwyer SERIES PDWS Insertion Paddlewheel Flowmeters are designed for pipe size ranges from 1/2 to 8″ with available materials of brass, stainless steel, PVC, and polypropylene. The Series PDWS is intended to be used with the Series PWF, a wide variety of custom tee, saddle, or welded fittings that come in bronze, PVC, and stainless steel.
PRINCIPLE OF OPERATION
Uses the rotation of an impeller to measure flow. Liquid flow pushes the rotor and the rotation is detected by a Hall-effect sensor. The output is a current-sinking pulse signal that can be connected to the Series RTI to display flow rate and total, or to the Series BAT for a 4 to 20 mA analog signal.
• Series BAT, Blind Analog Transmitter, converts pulse output to 4 to 20 mA analog output. Unit is loop powered, fits on the enclosure of the meter, and field spannable.
• Series RTI2, Rate Total Indicator, converts pulse output to 4 to 20 mA analog output with local flow rate and totalization display. Unit is loop powered, can fit on the enclosure of the meter, and provides a high/low flow alarm.
• Series PWD, Pulse Divider, for use with pacing electronic metering pumps. Unit divides the input frequency to any number from 1 to 9999 with the use of rotary switches to suit a number of metering pump inputs.
Note: Need to purchase with Series PWF fitting for proper installation.
- Industrial water & wastewater treatment
- Cooling water monitoring
- Industrial fluid control
- Chemical proportioning
- Fluctuating fluid conductivity applications